Monday, August 18, 2014

Keeping Sculpture Going for the Summer

Hey All

Playing with some clay to keep my creative juices flowing for when I go up to SCAD Atlanta to finish up my sculpture major. Keeping with a theme I have about taking different paths and how those decisions effect what is to come. Crossing barriers and thresholds that create permanent changes. These decisions we make layer us to form who we are. Also themes of inevitable movement with time and the precariousness that comes with it. 


Some work in progress made from clay 
I know they are still boxy

Working Title: Passages
Working Title: Marked Guardians
Meander Series 
 
I will hopefully have the surfaced and finished soon. 

1 comment:

  1. Really into the Guardians. I saw the picture before and like how substantial they are in size, but the title takes it to another level. It personifies them and almost gives them an angelic, spiritual feel rather than being too big and looming. And of course you know I love the texture. Can't wait to see how the glaze transforms them. I bet the graphite like you did on your other pieced together ones would look nice on those Guardians... and fade it out so it's not an even darkness. So nice!! Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete